Momof2

How to cool Eglu in the Summer Heat

Hi.  I have the Eglu Cube.  I live in Texas.  Today it was close to 100. This evening the thermostat read 90 degrees inside the Eglu.  My girls didn’t want to go in.  I can’t in good conscious put them in there and shut the door.  I fear they will suffocate or have heat exhaustion.   What are some suggestions/modifications I can make to get better ventilation? 
thanks!  

I put a parasol on my coop. Well I stick it through the bars of the run, so it rests on top of the coop. 
But it only very rarely reaches such temperatures over here. Maybe add some ice pods in the coop at night? They are normally used for rabbits, but are safe to use with chickens as well.

On 6/18/2023 at 3:54 PM, Momof2 said:

Hi.  I have the Eglu Cube.  I live in Texas.  Today it was close to 100. This evening the thermostat read 90 degrees inside the Eglu.  My girls didn’t want to go in.  I can’t in good conscious put them in there and shut the door.  I fear they will suffocate or have heat exhaustion.   What are some suggestions/modifications I can make to get better ventilation? 
thanks!  

Would a tarpaulin cloth help to shade it from the sun? I hope your girls survive. Please let us know how you go!