Mrs Frugal

The Omlet Gallery and posting photographs

Hello folks,

I've been granted super moderating powers for the gallery now so any problems you encounter posting photos, naming albums, making empty albums by mistake ( :oops::oops: ), I can now put right.

If you need help, please send me a PM and I'll do my best to help you out as soon as possible :D .

Re- posting photos

Not the easiest thing to explain (especially when I mess it up myself 9 times out of 10) but here goes.

You need to go into the gallery - either chickens or gardening and allotments - and look for the "admin options" menu at the top right of your screen. On that menu, select "add photos" or if you have more than one photo to upload "add a new nested album". A box will come up asking how many photos you want to upload. I have found it best to only do one at a time so I select "1". There is a "browse" box and if you click on that, you can find where you have stored the pictures on your computer (My Pictures?or maybe on a CD or floppy disc?). When you have found the picture you want to upload listed on your computer, double click on the name of it and it should appear in the "file" box. You can type in a title for your picture in the box underneath. You then need to click the "Upload Now" button. It takes a while but your picture should appear! If the picture is too large, it does take an awful long time to upload and isn't always successful. I alter the size of mine in either a photoshop programme or the one which comes with the digital camera to around 600x800. If you can't do this, send me a PM to let me know and I can resize them for you if you e-mail them to me.

If it all goes wrong, please send me a PM or e-mail and I'll have a go with the magic wand and try and sort things out for you :wink: . Alternatively, you can e-mail the photos to me and I can upload them for you. Send me a PM or e-mail and I will send my e-mail address to you as you can't attach photographs to forum generated e-mails.

Good luck and we're looking forward to seeing your pictures when they appear. I did find it easier to register in the gallery then log in before I upload any pictures but others seem to manage perfectly well without doing this.

If anyone finds I've missed any pertinent points on posting photographs, please correct me!! My brain hurts after all that and I've no doubt missed something important out!!

Thanks .