amr1001 Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 As a novice chicken keeper (we got our 3 chickens about 2 months ago) I am not really sure what to look for, but I have recently spotted a problem with one of my chickens. She started off as the largest of the three, but is now the thinnest, and is not very interested in eating, and when I looked at her closely, I saw that her beak seems deformed. The lower bit of the beak has grown longer than the upper portion, and the upper portion looks slightly split. Is this likely to be the cause or the consequence of her feeding problem? What should I do about it? Now I think about it, her poos may also have always been a different colour and consistency than the others: more yellowy-brown. Thanks, Alice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 26, 2008 Share Posted June 26, 2008 I would get her checked over by the vet. It may just be a malformation that can be clipped carefully (one of mine has this), but if you're concerned about her general health then a check-up wouldn't go amiss. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...