Lovemychooks Posted July 12, 2008 Share Posted July 12, 2008 I've just noticed the electrics that power the Foxwatch aren't working again (think it's the rain) and want to give my girls as much protection as I can and wondered how long a battery lasts in the Foxwatch. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted July 12, 2008 Share Posted July 12, 2008 well there's been a thread on this recently, and I said I'm only on my second set of batteries since last October! Went up the garden today, waved a leg in front of it as I always do - and it's stopped working, and in fact your post has reminded me that I left it on the garden table while I finished cleaning the Cube out, and never got round to putting the new ones in - better do that first thing tomorrow! So that will be the third set in about nine months - not bad going. It does depend on how often it's triggered, and if you have it somewhere that you or the family (or dog/cat, or indeed chickens) are passing frequently then the batteries will run down sooner. If you position it behind the Eglu/Cube, so it's triggered by anything passing but not set off by the chickens themselves, the batteries should last a lot longer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lovemychooks Posted July 13, 2008 Author Share Posted July 13, 2008 Sorry, I didn't see that thread. Thanks for the info. I'm off to put batteries in it now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...