Guest j

Larthargic Bunny

Our 9 week old bunny has been doing really well and settled nicely, and very alert,

he is eating and drinking fine, (and poos loads is that right) anyway today he seems a bit larthargic and has been a bit sleepy, it is quite warm today though, he is drinking loads and his hutch is in the shade, should I be worried or do they have off days? :cry: I have never had a rabbit before so don't no what to watch for, I have checked his bottom for flies, that is nice and clean. any advice would be appreciated :roll:

J

Poo loads yep your bunny is fine. I have loads of flat poo pancakes in my run :shock:

Rabbits are most active in the morning and evening. You wait when it starts to cool down tonight your Bunny will seem his usual self again.

They do sleep in the afternoon I have noticed especially if it is warm

If you get too many poo panckes it can be a sign that your bunny needs more hay/grass and not a lot else They usually eat the first wet poos and then they come out like hard pellets...too much wet stuff means theyre not eating it all....ie thyre being fed too much . My two rabbits have been very active dawn and dusk and have spent most of the hot days snoozing, eating grass snoozing...hrad life hey!!! :D