Barkisland Posted December 26, 2008 Share Posted December 26, 2008 Molly has white, 'pasty' poo all over her botty. Should I be worried? She was wormed in October. She seems otherwise well, and has just started crouching in the last couple of days. I've tried doing a search, but all I can glean is that white pasty poo is uric acid or the equivalent of hen's wee. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SnowWhite Posted December 27, 2008 Share Posted December 27, 2008 Mine get this occassionally. You should only worry if they always have runny poos, every now and then is normal. You can always give her a bath. Just check though to make sure it is poo and not lice or mites. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barkisland Posted December 28, 2008 Author Share Posted December 28, 2008 Thanks for the reassurance SnowWhite, I'm pretty sure it is poo. She is tricky to catch, but I will try washing it off later and see if it recurs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barkisland Posted January 18, 2009 Author Share Posted January 18, 2009 This poo problem isn't going away. Photos attached. First one is the yucky white liquid poo produced this morning. In the second, you can see Molly at the back, with the white poo stains on her botty. I think she is doing at least one of these liquid poos every day. Should I take her to the vet? She seems otherwise well, and lays a lovely speckled egg every day. Your advice would be much appreciated. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 18, 2009 Share Posted January 18, 2009 I'd worm her if I were you. Is she eating OK and still laying? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barkisland Posted January 18, 2009 Author Share Posted January 18, 2009 Thanks for your reply Egluntine. Yes, eating and laying fine. They were wormed at end of October - is it OK to do it again now? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 18, 2009 Share Posted January 18, 2009 It is. If you use Flubenvet you can repeat it every few weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barkisland Posted January 18, 2009 Author Share Posted January 18, 2009 Thanks, I will start the Flubenvet again tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barkisland Posted January 24, 2009 Author Share Posted January 24, 2009 Just a little update. Molly's problem poo seems to have cleared up. The course of Flubenvet ends tomorrow. Thanks for the advice to worm, Egluntine, looks like that might have been the problem. I'll know for next time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...