Kim Gardner

In Pub Garden !

My Dad called me on Sunday to tell me of his experience in a pub garden in Oxford on Saturday.

A man came in with a chicken under his arm (no its not a joke!).He put it down and went to get a drink.He came back and drank his pint while his feathery friend wandered,happily, among the other drinkers :lol: .All was well until the chook decided to help itself to a ladies salad !!The man promptly called his chook and left the pub!My Dad wanted to know if it was one of my 'chicken fancier friends'.Does anyone want to own up to a salad steeling chicken :D:D .

(green eglu) Kim

GNR Mrs.Frisby

Whitestar:Marjory

PP Clary (RIP)

It definitely wasn't me, we're nowhere near Oxford, but it certainly sounds like something one of my chooks would do, anyone's food is fair game in this neck of the woods :roll:

Beats taking the dog for a walk via the pub.

Or was it his pre-dinner drink and prospective sunday roast :?:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:8) ... no it ws a BLOKE not ME ... though the pub in Oxford could have been a contender, as not to far from Lesleys where I was until about 6.08pm, on Sunday . :wink::lol::lol::lol: .

And NO ... I don't look like a bloke, no matter how hard I try, and I did not come down the day before :oops::roll::lol:

I saw an article in Kitchen Garden today about a man who takes his cockerel just about everywhere- on a lead :shock:

The photo of them looked more the jessies (is that what they're called?) that are used in falconry, but I only had a quick glimpse really- it was a friends copy and I was supposed to be drinking tea and chatting- not reading her mags, but any picture of a chicken always makes my head swivel :oops:

Not sure that any of my trio would take kindly to leads, but then again I often feel like the pied piper as Onion, Brie & Phil follow me up and down the garden path, so leads not necessary :roll:

Not sure that any of my trio would take kindly to leads, but then again I often feel like the pied piper as Onion, Brie & Phil follow me up and down the garden path, so leads not necessary :roll:

lol same, my girls follow me everywhere when im out, although not mabes at the mo as she is broody :roll:

Haha, sounds like something that would happen round where i live! :lol: There are some characters around here! Just wondered whether the hen would know it was you amongst all different people? Would it get confused to who it's owner would be? They must know though, they arn't dumb!