Budgies Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 How did you get on with Knickers? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
purplefowler Posted May 1, 2009 Author Share Posted May 1, 2009 We got up on monday morning and secretly were praying for a miracle as she came back from the brink on sunday morning, but there was very little signs of any improvement. I opened the cube and the other 2 came running out and she just sat there, all puffed up and not showing any interest in anything. So with a very heavy heart I rang omlet again and returned her that morning as I didn't want to prolong it for either her or me. It was heart breaking and I very nearly took her back home with me and just bought another one. But I had to be practical, she had already cost me over £30 (not that the money means anything compared to the health of my pets of course) and although she wasn't vomiting I don't think she was ever really going to recover properly. She just didn't seem to have matured like the other two. She didn't make a sound in the car on the way over and the whole thing was quick, but heartbreaking (hate to admit it, but I did have a little cry in the car ). I was slightly reassured when I reluctantly asked what would happen to her and they said she had gone into the poorly chickens tent, although I am sure they probably just said it to make me feel better. On the brighter side, we now have Knicker mk2 (my son didn't want to lose the name he had taken so long to choose!) who is a beautiful silver and black miss pepperpot with a lovely nature. Because of the situation we weren't able to fully prepare for the new arrival and the first night she got quite badly pecked. She had a slightly bald area at the base of her tail when we got her which the other two took advantage of and ripped out loads more feathers and cut her back abit, but with lots of careful watching and purple spray things are settling down pretty well and soon I think peace will reign again. I have to say omlet were great, really supportive, and Barbara@omlet has been a real life saver, I don't know how we would have managed to do what we did for knicker without her help and support. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I'm so sorry that Knickers didn't make a recovery for you, and think you did the right thing. Lovely to think of Knickers2 starting to settle in with your girls now, good luck and enjoy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...