Space Chick Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Hi, After Martha laid a softie, I bought some limestone flour, I've been adding about a teaspoon (should it be more for the 4 girls? Should it be a teaspoon each?) to their porridge, but now they won't eat it Any ideas on how I can encourage them? Also, I have heard that cod liver oil can help the absorption, should I add this too, and if so how much and how often? Martha is seeming sorry for herself again (yesterday and today), no eggs from her since Friday. She's standing at the back of the cube run and sulking. Should I expect another softie from her? Many thanks Debs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 You could add the limestone flour to their normal pellets, then they wont have a choice about eating it (if you stay strong and don't cave in!) When I give my ladies Flubenvet I add a small drop (about a teaspoon and a half) to 2kg of the pellets then mix the powder in and stir well, the oil helps the powder stick to the pellets, you could also try this with their treat food (corn?) and serving it up instead of the porridge Or just add cod liver oil to the porridge and hope that the smell and taste hide the limestone flour! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...