JB09 Posted June 3, 2009 Share Posted June 3, 2009 It would appear that the recent sunny spell has thrown my girls laying into disaray! They are normally regualar layers but during the couple of hot days we have had their laying was very erratic. I am assuming its becuase of the heat as this has never happened before and they have regular supplements, grit etc and I don't over do it on the treats. They have also only been laying for a few months so we can sometimes miss a day or so egg wise. has anyone else experienced anything similar and put it down to the heat? I am not sure how well the girls sope with it! JB Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moochoo Posted June 3, 2009 Share Posted June 3, 2009 It could well be the weather. Just make sure they have adequate shading and access to plenty of clean water and they'll soon get back to it. I'm assuming that all is well with them medically and that they've been wormed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted June 3, 2009 Share Posted June 3, 2009 I think you are right. 2 weeks ago we were swamped in eggs (4 a day) and now only getting 2. My girls do like sunshine but stay out of this hot sunny weather, they are usually more active in the garden early morning or after tea when its cooler. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...