foreveryoung Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 I am toying with the thought of getting a small cockerel, I love the sound cockerels make, My mum says they are alot quieter in volume them the larger breeds does anyone know if this is the case? dose anyone know what breads are small???? would they get on with the girls , would i still need to do the gradual introduction??I have 9 - 5 basic browns 1 black rock, 1 lavender and 2 other brown/apricots (i think they are rangers. I also have 4 ducks mixed in - 2 Indian runners and 2 call duck boys. many thanks Emma Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tom123 Posted July 3, 2009 Share Posted July 3, 2009 In the past I have had 2 pekin bantam boys. Lovely little cockerels, stunning. Didn't crow much at all and if they did it was like someone strangling them! My two cockerels were both Gold partridge as this is the colour were the boys look like a 'proper' cockerel. Floyd, my first cockerel, was a wuss and was scared of the big girls He had some little girlfriends though. Jim on the other hand had a few fights with Molly and was suddenly stop of the pecking order They are lovely, strutting around the garden looking after their girls etc. BUT don't let them get near your call duck boys. Ours got close and had a fight and had to break it up If I was you I would get a pair of pekins and just introduce them like any other birds. Tom Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
foreveryoung Posted July 3, 2009 Author Share Posted July 3, 2009 awwww they are gorgeous!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...