puddleduck Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 I am thinking about increasing my girls but unfortunately can't get a cube due to the amount of space that is available , and it is very un-level. So I thought perhaps 2 bantams could squeeze in with my hybrids .... would they happily live together in 1 or would there not be enough space? they would free range 90% of the time. Also would they be easy to introduce? lastly if this is possible where would I find 2 bantams in Northamptonshire or surrounding areas? thankyou in anticipation for all your help and advise! x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 4, 2009 Share Posted July 4, 2009 They would fit in the Eglu to roost certainly but the run would be a squeeze when they are all in it. Although I am planning to add some (existng) bantams to my girls (in WIR) I do know that not everyone says they mix well but then others like Janty keep a flock where there are massive size differences It would be a good idea to have a second house as back up (you will need some sort of set up for intros anyway) or you may have to face rehoming the bantams if things go wrong, the good news is that two bantams arent greatly demanding on the space stakes and an ark would be ok Pear Tree Farm in Astcote specialise in bantams and Bell Plantation have a few in at the moment but they are mainly pairs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
puddleduck Posted July 4, 2009 Author Share Posted July 4, 2009 hmmmm , what I really need then is a WIR .... unfortunately my OH is hopeless at that kind of thing! and again an awkward space means I can't buy anything ready made! I completely forgot about pear tree farm, I knew there was somewhere!!! perhaps if elsy was to actually lay an egg I would be more satisfied but I am starting to believe that will never happen. decisions decisions! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...