beach chick Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 started my girls on tylan yesterday to beat sneezing. vet thinks could be mycoplasma, but symptoms are atypical, poss they could be carriers/mild infection only. so anyway we are being careful. my question is about dosage: he said 5mg to 4 litres of water, and thought with my lot that would last the required week of dosage. however, 24 hours in they are halfway through their 4 litres!! do I redose same again, or do I assume they have had enough? no chicken vet around til Monday now, so not quite sure what to do over the w/e, as they will surely need a refill before then! thanks in advance for any advice. PS, re egg withdrawal: he said recommendation is 28 days but as tylan not licensed for chickens its a bit "chicken & egg" (sorry!). we have agreed on 7-10 days from the start of the treatment. PPS, read somewhere on here about cost: I was charged £22.50 for the consultation and 20mg of tylan - good deal I think! I must add him to the 'good vet' list. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted July 11, 2009 Author Share Posted July 11, 2009 help!! any ideas anyone? drinking water almost gone... dont know whether to redose or just give ordinary water?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redfrock Posted July 11, 2009 Share Posted July 11, 2009 re-dose - you need to dose for 7 consecutive days. The dosage we were advised was 3 teaspoons per 5 litres. A standard glug holds 2 litres There is no longer any egg withdrawal period on Tylan soluble, although the labels haven't all been updated. My girls get through approx 4 litres a day - I have 14 of them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted July 13, 2009 Author Share Posted July 13, 2009 ah, just found this - thanks redfrock. he has said to stick to one water thing only, and ours holds 4 litres so will redose now til he comes back to me.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...