teee Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Hi to all....new to this, silly question but, is it normal for the girls not to have found and eaten from there 'Grubs' yet they arrived 10/07/09. worried about this i have thrown some corn in the run which they are eating,and because the were so bad we decided they needed a bit more space between them so we let them out yesterday... even more when they were out they stayed fairly close together and not a peck in site they have used the 'Glugs'. has been a bit of a bully to , we had to buy some anti-pek spray yesterday. once we used it the pecking stopped but seems fed up taking ages to come out of the this morning and is just sleeping alot, tho is still scratching about at times. Thought i might go get some poultry tonic today! any advice would be fab.... oh the girls are as good as gold in bed at nite. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 If they're not laying yet, they won't be eating a huge amount. I probably wouldn't give them corn to be honest, as they'll eat that in preference to their pellets. If you only let them have access to the pellets they will eat what they need . I'd keep an eye on the sleepy one, some Poultry Tonic might do the trick. I had one that used to stand with her eyes closed quite often, which I worried about, but she stopped after a while and was fine. Good news about the pecking though . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
teee Posted July 12, 2009 Author Share Posted July 12, 2009 Thanks for your quick reply.. I will stop the corn. layed her first egg this morning out in the run ... so praps there appertites will get bigger. Hilda the also does the falling asleep on her feet... hope its just the settling in thing. Thanks again. If they're not laying yet, they won't be eating a huge amount. I probably wouldn't give them corn to be honest, as they'll eat that in preference to their pellets. If you only let them have access to the pellets they will eat what they need . I'd keep an eye on the sleepy one, some Poultry Tonic might do the trick. I had one that used to stand with her eyes closed quite often, which I worried about, but she stopped after a while and was fine. Good news about the pecking though . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...