I have one or more egg-eaters in my flock :twisted:

I bought some rollaway nest box inserts, but on first attempt ended up with 2 broken eggs - which rather seems to defeat the purpose.

I do remember someone on here saying they'd managed with difficulty to adapt them to the cube - I can fit these ones in easy enough, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or something!!

they are the basic black plastic £4 jobs.

any ideas/advice gratefully accepted!!

I'm glad someone else has this problem :( .

Was the roll away nestbox like this? Do you think it would fit into an eglu?

What else have you tried? I've put extra hot chilli into a shop egg - they loved it :roll: . They didn't like mustard though but I'm not sure if I should put a mustardy egg in the eglu every day :? .

I got two ceramic eggs today which they pecked at then ignored.

hi ANH, that's exactly the thing, and from the same people!

you can fit one in an eglu, I've tried... might take them a while to get used to it though.

I thought about putting some bedding in it, but then thought the egg wouldnt roll away...

dont buy one, I've got 4 and can only fit 2 in cube, so will happily send you one if you PM me your address.

I havent tried the chili/mustard egg. I've got some plastic eggs, which have been in the nest box for ages, dont seem to be a deterrent (although poss encourage broodies?! :wall: ) They are white - mine are brown/beige/blue egg layers, so I thought about painting them in case the colour was the deciding factor in whether to eat or not (have no idea if chooks can see colour? :think: )

I might roll one of the plastic ones in mustard and see if that works.

I thought my egg layer was Meringue, who died on Tuesday, but now I suspect one or more of the others might be at it too. :evil:

such an annoying habit - tho I love the girls just for being chooks, I LIKE collecting the eggs!!