Jewels Posted July 25, 2009 Share Posted July 25, 2009 Hi, just to say thanks to the few that answered my call for help about leaving a broody hen. I have been away the last couple of days but when I returned my OH said he had been taking JoJo out off her nest and putting out outside for a while, she seems to enjoy this for about 20 mins (max) before getting edgy and wanting to go back to her nest, but whilst she is out she has a little stretch, preen, food and drink and then rushes back to her invisible eggs, she is not laying herself but scoops Georgina's egg under her. I am just gonna let her get on with things, I don't believe in too much intervention. Just read a chicken book I bought today that said us chicken keepers have been led to believe that "broody" is a bad trait, when it is just nature, let it take its course as long as you make sure they are still eating and drinking. Fingers crossed. LOL Georgina and Josephine Ella - cocker spaniel Alfie - cocker spaniel (RIP) Barney - much aged cat (18yrs+) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted July 26, 2009 Share Posted July 26, 2009 I'd be so tempted to get some eggs under her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...