Budgies

Ukadex vs Stockholm Tar?

ukadex.

stockholm tar was goey smelly, stayed firmly stuck on. stunk fumes through out the glu.

I felt like I had tarrred & feathered my girl.

It did stop them pecking her bum, not elkse where, AND it hade ger sore bits much sorer.

Ucadex didn't stop the nast monsters. more space aND A BALE OF STRAW DID, PLUS (oops) I didn't find the smell of Ucadex as hideups as others and defo smells better than a fly trap :D

My experience of both! :)

I seem to be in the minority regarding stockholm tar - I like the smell and have found the spray on to be effective (spray is very easy to administer) BUT I have only had to use it on the heads of polands to stop inquisitive pecking which drew blood - nothing worse.

Nope, I too love the smell of stockholm tar!

It's such a nice old-fashionedy thing to use. I've used it on feet. I wouldn't use it anywhere they'd preen as I'd think they'll get into a total mess with it though! I don't think it would stop them pecking as it would look shiny and attract attention. It worked really well for me. I've never heard of the spray stockholm tar, I just use tins (it's pretty much like treacle) which are mainly sold for horses feet I think.

got my spray from horse/feed merchants. Its been used about 4 times and lasted 2 years so far :lol: We put it on when the birds go to bed (thats when they peck newbies/wet baldies) and it comes out just as a nice thin sheen (like spray paint). One spray. Cured. But as I say, the problems have never been bad to start with. I would be nervous of using it (or anything else TBF) near the vent.

Thanks all for taking the time to reply.

Sue at Wernlas did recommend Stockholm Tar spray, so maybe I'll give it a try.

There are a couple of brands of soap and shampoo that contain it - I like the smell too but imagine it's a bit stronger in the spray on stuff!