eggregiousness Posted August 15, 2009 Share Posted August 15, 2009 Cochins and Brahmas Can anyone tell me whether there is anything betwee the two breeds with regard to 1) friendliness to people and 2) friendliness to gardens? I think I'm into FRIENDLY! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieD Posted August 15, 2009 Share Posted August 15, 2009 spooky ive just come on here to post about cochins and amrocks[/color]- was thinking if getting 1 of each- but dont know of anyone who has kept them. i will await your responses if you dont mind me highjacking your post a bit! im gonna google it now so will post any info i find. xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted August 15, 2009 Share Posted August 15, 2009 I think they are much the same to be honest. I have cochins and know people who keep Brahmas and they are equally adorable, friendly bundles of fluff. The cochins are slightly more rounded in appearance (rounded tummies!), and are the largest of the big breeds which is mostly made up of their thick feathering. (which used to be used to stuff duvets!) Brahmas have a smaller head and a shorter sharper beak than a cochin. Brahmas, Cochins and Orpingtons all have a tendancy to go broody a lot. They are so docile (if a little bit "dippy") and make honking noises around the garden (Brahmas do the same I think) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...