Imogen

Meteor Shower

Just wondering if anyone stayed awake last night to see the meteor shower? I set my alarm for 2.30am and it was absolutely amazing!!! My neck really hurts now from all the looking up....

Anyway - there was a meteor shower and there will be another one tonight if you want to see it. It really is spectacular, with up to 100 shooting stars per hour (I saw 20-30!!) and you shoould look towards the East between 2 and dawn!! I'd never seen a shooting star in my life before and it was just amazing, so beautiful and something I'll remember for the rest of my life

I made lots of wishes, mainly about the oncoming GCSE results :oops: And yes, it should be the same tonight - just look in the East between 2 and dawn (which is about 4.30 here) and just have patience!! They seem to come in groups to me, like you'd see 3 in quite quick concession and then not many for a while. Some of them were really big and left little fizzy trails behind them which you saw fade away after the star had gone!! It was so cool. Definately worth waking up at 2 in the morning for!! Really clear night last night so I was lucky. Just make sure you take a hot drink out with you and a blanket, and have a hot water bottle ready for when you go back to bed, because you get very cold very quickly!

:lol: Admittedly, woke up with a very big headache!! I'm usually up early for the chooks and plus my best mate is in Australia at the moment so we usually have a bit of a texting fest early in the morning!! So yep, quite an early start for a teen!!