Guest Narnia

Cats!! help!!

My opinion of cats was not very high anyway but recently my six hens have attracted the attention of a local moggie who over the last couple of weeks has become more confident. Today it got into the pen and had a go but fortunately I was around and came out with all guns blazing. Question How can I put it off without being to mean :evil::twisted:

Try squishing it with a water pistol. It will hopefully get the message without it coming to any harm.

Here, here :!:

I have two adorable cats - and if anyone wanted to keep them away from their garden / animals etc, I would be more than happy for them to squirt water at them.

Cats HATE water - and it does them no harm at all - they just get very miffed and hopefully learnt heir lesson :roll:

You can try water pistol but cats also dont like noise. I must admit my cats love being squirted with water and try to drink it as you squirt hem! :oops: Does it come into your garden by a particular route? Maybe you could string some cans across it's entry point so it makes a large noise as it comes into the garden - it would put it off. I have visits from local cats as well sometimes - I find that the chucks scare them half to death when they get going and if not, a strange large being shouting "scat ! and waving arms about usually did the trick! :lol:

You can try water pistol but cats also dont like noise. I must admit my cats love being squirted with water and try to drink it as you squirt hem! :oops:

I have never heard of this before :shock::lol:

I have to say - my neighbours cat comes into my garden every day (previous owners of this house let it in the house all day every day) and my cats don't like it - but won't see it off from the garden, in fact they won't even go outside if he's there...

But - if the chooks are out free ranging - the neighbours cat won't come near - every time it tries they run at him and make a right racquet - so he scarpers PQD :lol:

You can try water pistol but cats also dont like noise. I must admit my cats love being squirted with water and try to drink it as you squirt hem! :oops:

I have never heard of this before :shock::lol:

We gave up squirting them as they always licked the water off , even when you squirted them right in the face. They are now trained to respond to loud clapping and clear off if we clap close to them - hence the noise thing.

Thanks for all your comments, it's been frustrating really because other moggies that appear occaisionly don't take any notice of them but this one is persistant. I've made the pen harder to get into as far as a cat is concerned so in return it'll be harder to get out of if it if it gets in. It only worries me when I'm not there and makes me cross because up to recently secruity has not been an issue. I've already lost one hen this year due to Red Mite so I don't what to lose one to a pesky moggie! :evil: Merry Christmas to you all!! :D