A chickychickychick-ENN!! Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 I thought the second in command was having a moult, but now I see the first in command is being pecky to her tail region. They're both quite fiesty so not sure why. Anyone know Why Chickens Turn? Why do they just start on each other? And what to do about it? Bumper bits? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gelbel Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 Had the same with my top and lowest girls at the beginning of the month. Think it was all to do with change of hormones and the top girl stopping laying. I had to fit a bumper bit as I was going away a couple of days after it started. I removed when we came back after 2 weeks - all solved and my (ex) top is now my 2nd as another hen has started to lay in her place. Hated doing it mind - if I could I'd separate the little madam in question until she learns her lesson. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...