Sky Posted November 16, 2009 Share Posted November 16, 2009 Having my very first moult (I think) !! My lovely Bluebelle Beatrice was looking very sorry for herself a couple of days ago with a pink bare bum, I started to panic a bit thinking she might be ill. There were feathers everywhere and a large pile under the perch in the roost. Then I noticed that she was also losing them around her neck so i have come to the conclusion that she is going through her/our first moult. I have been giving her some favourite treats (spagetti mealworms etc) and she has perked up a bit today. The other three seem to be fine with her and there doesn't appear to be any pecking or blood so I guess this is the norm. How long will it go on for???? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 16, 2009 Share Posted November 16, 2009 Our first girl to moult took about 3 weeks before she stopped looking pathetic and started to grow new feathers. She has gone from looking like she may keel over at any moment to being a truly glorious sight. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 17, 2009 Share Posted November 17, 2009 It doesn't take long for them to recover, give her extra protein - mealworms or chick crumbs are good for this. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...