esta

My Rabbit Loppy

Hi there,

Just a quick post to say that my rabbit Loppy who we found abanboned in July is doing very well, but one thing is that she has a big fluffy 'collar' of fat/fur round her neck. Is this because of her breeding, however i do not know what breed she is, she is black with a very silky coat which is quiite thick and has long sticky up ears and largish feet, or is it because im feeding her to much, she is quite a big rabbit stretched out around 1-2ft long and i feed her 1 bowl of feed a day, plus a carrot and ocassionally a popcorn rabbit treat. She has a large 2 storey hutch and a big run attached to the bottom so she can run around. She eats and drinks and seems very happy but i was just concerned about the 'collar' around her neck, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Esta x

Hi Esta, well done for rescuing your bunny, where would we be without people like you. Sounds like you are doing fine, as rabbitts mature their dewlap under their chin does get bigger, just watch the treats, is she on mixed food or pellets? mine are on pellets, so they dont just select the best bits, and they only have a cup between them, but most of all their diet should be mainly of hay, mine also have small portion of veggies, hope this helps,Mandy :D