CharLeila

what to put on the run floor?

hi, a lot of the talk at the minute seems to be about the damp and i'm no exception. I have a cube with the standard run which I have attempted to cover with a couple of shower curtains. These seem to keep a lot of the wind and rain out but the woodchip was soaked when I went out this morning. I'v raked it all out and cleaned the run up a bit but want to wait to see what your advice would be before I put more down.

What is the best thing to use in the run? The cube has been surrounded by a wooden frame on the ground to keep the woodchip in but no liner over the grass. I felt so sorry for my girls today that they came inside in a big box and had some tuna while I dried them with the wife's hairdryer :shh: All back in their clean dryish cube now but I want to keep them as comfortable as possible.

Thanks

What I did was to put down a few bags of gravel and sand - dead cheap from Wickes and then top it off with Hemcore. It's worked very well. The garden around the run has totally flooded but they are now on a little rise, they look like damsels in distress in their motte and bailey castle, especially when they sit on top of their coop.