pinkkat

Sneezing and weird twitch...

Hi Omleteers,

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was a member of this lovely forum a couple of years ago - I had 3 ex-batts in my garden in Manchester. I had to rehome them because of a psychotic neighbour :evil: , and was so upset I stopped visiting here. I gave away or sold all my chicken-keeping parephernalia.

Anyway, I am now living in New Zealand, renting a house on 3 acres, and am finally able to have ex-batts again, hurrah! I am very glad to be back on here again. I missed you all :)

My girls have been with me for a couple of weeks now, and are doing great, mostly, gaining confidence and developing their little personalities. However, Margot is sneezing - really big, head-shaking sneezes: she nutted herself on the grub today! She is also stretching her neck up with her beak open, like a rooster crowing, but making no sound at all. Sometimes she does this with her eyes shut :anxious: .

She is eating and drinking, is not listless, has no nose or eye discharge. Her poos are fine, she does not stand with her feathers fluffed up. She is on her own more than the others, and I can't tell if she's laying or not with there being six of them.

Is this likely to be a cold? I have ordered some citricidal. I have seen "respite" mentioned - what is this? Would it help?

Any advice would be lovely, thanks.

Kath