Ridgie Posted April 16, 2010 Share Posted April 16, 2010 Hi All I've had a good read round everything other people have posted regarding introductions but I've not found a post regarding introducing a few new hens to an older one. We lost one of hens on Monday leaving us with just the one - luckily the same breeder I got our original three from had some POL hens available and we collected them this morning. I've let them free range with each other in the garden (under supervision) and apart from my older girl pecking at them when they get too close everything seems to be ok at the moment (early days I know!) I was thinking of segregating the three new hens tonight, even though this means another lonely night for Gladys in the eglu but feel this is probably a wise move Can anyone offer any words of wisdom, am I doing the right thing regarding separate sleeping? Panic, panic, panic etc Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted April 16, 2010 Share Posted April 16, 2010 Some general advice **here**. Scroll to the bottom for a link to a more specific article. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...