BeckyBoo

Girl bunny giving "special cuddles" to boy bunny...

.....title says it all really - is this normal behaviour? My girl bunny has become a lot more dominant since her sister went to the great fox dining table in the sky, she has a new boyfriend, he's neutered, she's not, and she loves him dearly. Normally she grooms him, washes his ears (awwwww, very cute) but today I noteced that whilst washing his ears she was "giving him a special cuddle" at the same time1 :roll::lol::lol:

He doesn't seem to mind, just sits there with a bored expression, presumably she's just telling him she loves him....?

BeckyBoo

She's telling him that she's the boss! They do this to assert their dominance. My girl bun does it daily to her brother to remind him she's in charge...he doesn't like it much and tries to run away initially, but she persists and then he just lets her do it with a resigned look on his face! Soon after they're kissing and cuddling again so he must forgive her eventually...nothing to worry about, it's normal bunny behaviour. I would consider getting her spayed though - I know your boy is neutered so there's no risk of babies, but unspayed females do get very hormonal and temperamental and she'll probably be easier for him to live with if you get her done. Plus it will stop her having phantom pregnancies which are very common, and eliminate the risk of womb cancer - this is sadly very common in rabbits and is what most female rabbits die of in the wild, if a predator doesn't get there first. It is a bigger op for a girl than a boy, but my girl bounced back very quickly and the day after the op was virtually back to normal.