sammy29 Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Hi, I'm new on here and need some help please. My husband is out of the country for a while and I'm looking after his chickens and don't really know much about them so not sure if this is normal behaviour! I've noticed over the last few days that one of them spends hours in the nesting box. She was in there from about lunchtime today and was still in there when i put them away a bit ago, so 8hours. Is this normal or do you think there could be something wrong with her? I'm sure she wasn't doing this a week ago! Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 It sounds to me like you have a broody on your hands. join the club, I have 3 of the little darlings If you dont have a broody cage (dog cage) then just make sure she comes out regularly to eat and drink, she wont thank you for it but it has to be done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sadietoo Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Lots more info on broody hens here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14370 no doubt someone with more experience will be along shortly...but I agree with chicken wiggle it sounds like you have a broody on you hands...(tis the season for the hormones to go wild!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...