Guest indie999

wild rabbits

HI

I have a nest of wild rabbits in my shed(one was eaten by the dog few days agao and today I have found one dead with scratches on its face and out of its nest..? Rat). I think there are two remaining. They are wriggling still. Initially I thought they were rats (but no tails??) I had left them alone and today had a peak to discover they were rabbits about 5" long and they have grown in just a few days.

Shall I leave them and let nature takes its course, or bring them in (isolated place not handle them much and try to feed them, I do have syringes)?

Any advice? I will put them back outside (wild ) if they survive? They must be about 9 days old so I thought they would be up and about by now. They look like they are nearly grown and look like rabbits now.

Thanks indie

going to answer my own question am going to leave them as understand mum will feed them once a day and probably if I intervene they are will perish anyway..let nature take its course so fingers crossed they will survive!

Hi Everyone

I had a pet Rabbit once but am so glad I left the wildies alone!

Today I had a peek and they were scampering around in the field shelter, what little cute bunnies.

There were two that have survived. So the mother must have been back to feed them during the day. I made sure I never handled them and kept good old cocker spaniel well away.

I did speak to our local pet shop who told me to leave alone so am glad I did.

I should have taken a pic if they are still there tomorrow I will try to(I have a feeling they will be gone though)

indie :D