bessandra Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 Hi there I'm Rachel and I'm a small scale chickenaholic my Brahma, Brenda is now sitting succesfully on 4eggs (yayyyyyy woohoooo!!) and this is our first time. The forum, as per, is providing me with alot of guidance so thank you all very much for that. We are only on day two and I have set up a countdown on my phone! I see she ventures out for a morning comfort break but is choosing to scratch around and do chickeny things rather than eat..can I assume this is ok? I am leaving her too it, not fussing or anything. No touching the eggs, any of that. I hope to be redirected if I'm doing this wrong. So, thanks alot everyone. 'speak soon' Rachel et al Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 12, 2010 Share Posted May 12, 2010 She will be fine, although I'd encourage her to eat if possible. She will need to be turfed off once a day to stretch her legs and do a poo. I take it that you have all the chick crumbs, drinkers and other gubbins that you'll need when they hatch. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bessandra Posted May 12, 2010 Author Share Posted May 12, 2010 Thank you Clare, that's brilliant. Yes I'm all sorted, just the chick crumbs which I'll get this weekend. Many thanks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...