Seagazer

It's amazing....

how much you rely on a fridge until it breaks down. :(

I spent yesterday emptying the fridge part of my american freezer. It seemed to have stopped cooling a couple of days ago and things were spoiling. I phoned the company yesterday and they can't get anyone out until Monday :x:roll:

Having spent part of yesterday googling I now discover that our Samsung RS21 is very well known to lots of engineers out there for this exact same problem. It was even featured on Watchdog! I've just sent the link to OH to see what he thinks. I've no idea whether we will be charged to have it fixed (its 7 years old) or if we will qualify for free fixing as its a well known fault.

Grr! The boiler is currently being fixed by a very nice young man after having its service and discovering that its been leaking. Plus OH's new motorbike has been recalled - one of about 340 odd in the UK that may possibly have a problem with the engine. It may take 5 days for them to fix it.

I'm sincerely hoping that is my 3 things now (although on my spare freezer I have to tape the door shut so that's probably another one) :roll:

Luckily I have a small drinks cooler that I'm keeping my milk in. I'd made four jars of lemon curd and I'm really worried that it might have spoilt.

We're supposed to be having a BBQ on Sunday so I think we may just go out for something to eat instead. Grr. Can you tell I'm cheesed off? :roll:

Oh thank you. The engineer fixed the boiler with no problem and all covered by our cover thankfully.

I'm not looking forward to Monday if the engineer wants to charge me as I shall have to argue our corner, if it was when I was in my twenties I was a lot feistier then. I'm a bit of a wimp now.

Just re-read my thread and the last sentence was quite apt - cheesed off! Should be cheese off :lol: