thelurch Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 I know that metal galvanised dustbins are the advised choice for storage of food/corn but I have a metal locker in my shed which closes tightly and will stop any determined rats who might eat their way into the shed itself. Given the prices of galvanised dustbins I thought I could use a plastic container for a 20kg bag of layers pellets and another container for 20kg bag of mixed corn. I would then keep them in afore mentioned metal locker. Can anyone who uses plastic containers recommend a container of that sort of size. The only stipulation is that the locker is 16 inches deep so the containers should be able to fit. I thought about somewhere like wilkinsons for a couple of rectangular storage boxes? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Isabel Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 What about a small lidded heavy duty plastic dustbin? That's what we use ... I'm not sure about the diameter though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 18, 2010 Share Posted July 18, 2010 They need to be a reasonable depth to take the whole 20kg, how about a couple of flip top kitchen bins? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 19, 2010 Share Posted July 19, 2010 We bought a big plastic storage box from B&Q,I think. They do plastic feed boxes in Pets at Home too,but the B&Q one was tougher & cheaper. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...