Cyber Chook

Art Foundation question

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help us. My daughter's in the process of writing her personal statement and wants to do a one-year art foundation course, then go on possibly to do a Textiles or Fashion Design degree.

You can now apply for a place at only one of the five colleges that come under the Universitiy of the Arts London - Central St Martins, London College of Fashion, London College of Media (or something similar), Camberwell and Wimbledon - and to make things worse, Camberwell and Wimbledon are combining to make just one course, as of 2011. In theory there's clearing but there's so much competition for places I can't imagine there'll be many left. Ravensbourne is moving to Greenwich from Kent, but is more graphics orientated.

DD has always had her heart set on Central St Martins. Obviously it's got a good reputation and there's stiff competition. She's doing well in her A Levels (Maths, Art, and Textiles), so you never know, and she really wants to give it a go. Does anyone have any experience of applying there, or to any of the other UAL colleges, and could offer any advice or comments?

Thank you!

Cyber Chook