CrazyDaizy Posted November 26, 2010 Share Posted November 26, 2010 Hia Folks Brrrrr tis freezing cold at the moment. Doesnt seem to bother our 4 and a half year old dwarf lop earred bunny Smudge. I do put extra blankets on top of his hutch for added insulation. He free ranges during the day and has plenty of grass, and sometimes the chickens layers pellets (though we try to avoid this) he has his own rabbit food, as well as plenty of fresh veggies. He also loves to eat straw. He prefers it to hay, though I give him hay and provide straw for bedding, but he munches his way through it. He's a healthy happy fluffy bunny so I guess eating straw won't hurt. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
franklyrabbit Posted November 27, 2010 Share Posted November 27, 2010 Yes, mine will eat straw too - well, it's more of a chew, bit like a farmer with a piece of it hanging out of his mouth I don't think that the rabbits eating it is a problem but if you wanted to encourage Smudge to eat hay instead, you could just give him hay, that is for eating and for bedding. That's what I've been doing for about a year now Bonnie Bandit Rosie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...