cheeky girls Posted March 28, 2011 Share Posted March 28, 2011 One of my ladies bent over the other day and surprised me with a bottom that looked plucked and ready to roast (sorry!!) She is also losing feathers on her back at the base of her tail. I have another lady that is also moulting slightly, but not as bad. I thought that they only moulted in the winter-time. Have my ladies got their seasons mixed up Other than slight baldness, she is quite happy and seems to be layng fine = 4 chooks, 4 eggs per day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
percy049 Posted March 28, 2011 Share Posted March 28, 2011 Have you checked for mites or lice? Make sure it is also not a feather pecking problem. It might just be moulting though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cheeky girls Posted March 29, 2011 Author Share Posted March 29, 2011 thanks for advice - I have just had a good look at her and can see no signs of anything that shouldn't be there and there are little prickles that resemble new feathers, so I am guessing just a spring moult. Trust my girls to moult at the wrong time of the year! She is certainly not being pecked by her coop mates. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...