williamspencer98 Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I've heard Orpingtons and Faverolles can get picked on. Can I keep these hens in one coop without much problem? Buff Orpington Gold Laced Wyandotte Light Sussex Partridge Welsummer Buff Sussex Salmon Faverolle All large fowl pure breeds. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PeckyBeak Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 I currently have the same breeds as you (some are in different colours) and other breeds as well. The Favorolle occasionally is picked on but not to a large extent. You don't mention if they free range or if they have a large run, in my opinion, as long as they have space to keep out of each others way there shouldn't be a problem. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
memphisto Posted November 13, 2011 Share Posted November 13, 2011 Sounds like a lovely combination. I love the Faverolles but never seen any in our area. I've just acquired my first Orpingtons, so they're not in with my big girls yet. I've read they can get picked on, the advice I was given was the same as you have already been given, if they are free to free range, at least they can scamper away from the bullies if necessary. I'm not very experienced with my girls yet but you've had some good advice already and I'm confident that you'll get some more excellent advice. Welcome to Omlet by the way Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...