meezers

Stinky memory foam dog bed ?

Last Christmas I bought a new memory foam bed for the dogs, it's rectangular, with a removable fake leather cover. It got brilliant reviews on the site I bought it from and the dogs love it. BUT, it's forever wet at the bottom. We have a tile floor in the kitchen and there's a permanent damp spot under the bed. The first time I noticed it in the summer I assumed Maya had wet her bed :o so I stripped the dry cover off only to find the foam soaking wet and stinky :vom: poured buckets of hot soapy water over it, left it to dry and rezipped cover. A few weeks later I noticed the bottom was damp again. I'm fairly certain the dogs aren't peeing on it - Maya did have continence problems when we first got her, but has been ok for the last year.I'm thinking the bed is sweating ? Anyone else have one of these dog beds and noticed the same ? Any ideas how to rectify the problem ? it's a brilliant bed for Maya who gets stiff in an ordinary bed, but the smell is driving me mad.

No, the floor's fine, I've had other dog beds/ blankets etc there and they've been dry, it's just this foam. I'm thinking the zipped up cover is not helping, maybe it can't breath. But if I remove the cover I know my terrier is going to turn it into foam chippings in minutes.