jam

How to sex amber link chicks?

Hi all,

Just ordered a load of amber links hatching eggs- I Don't really know much about them, but I haven't hatched anything other than eggs from my own breeding pens in a while so I thought I might as well give it a go!

I've been reading up on them and the sources I've looked at say they're sex linked- which would be very handy :) But if this is the case, I cant find any pictures/ descriptions on what the colour differences between male and female chicks are. Can anyone help?

Scarlett

This is the most information I can find on them:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=358938&p=1

I got a little confused when they started arguing over genetics :?

But I *think* (in the first pic of the first post) the female chicks are the darker ones and the males are light.

Might want to get someone more knowledgable to check over that before taking my word for it though! :lol:

...Actually looking back I think there might be more than one breed in those pictures. :? Hopefully you can get some info from that page anyway :?:

Thank you so much for that, its very interesting :) It does get very confusing though, especially when no one seems to know what birds are bred together to make an amberlink!

I'd say you're probably right with the colours of the chicks - unless the bloodline the chicks have come from isn't quite right then the whole idea goes down the pan- should be interesting to see what mine turn out to be like!

I do love reading when people argue on a forum though :lol:

Thanks again

Scarlett

Thank you so much for that, its very interesting :) It does get very confusing though, especially when no one seems to know what birds are bred together to make an amberlink!

I'd say you're probably right with the colours of the chicks - unless the bloodline the chicks have come from isn't quite right then the whole idea goes down the pan- should be interesting to see what mine turn out to be like!

I do love reading when people argue on a forum though :lol:

Thanks again

Scarlett

:lol::lol:

Well, at least you can write us all a guide about how to sex amberlinks when they've grown up!