chunkdoobiest

Donating Christmas tree's for replanting

Hi,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I bought a real Christmas tree a few years ago, which I've kept in a pot and reused every year. But the tree is now about 7ft and rally should be planted properly, however I don't have space in my garden.

Does anyone know of any schemes where tree's can be replanted as I don't want to see the tree die, and my local council only seem to be interested in shredding trees.

Thanks

Matt

Sorry, not aware of anything like this - there would be a limited market I guess, as there's a limit to how many times you could dig up and replant, and most people (like you) want a tree that will fit in a domestic home. Christmas-type trees aren't usually required in forestry.

I usually leave mine out for the council - they don't just shred it, the proceeds are used to make woodchip/compost so it's all recycled.

Mine is feeding the wood-burning stove this year, it flares up a lot but is good for mixing with more solid bits of wood.