StephenW

Chook with sneeze

I was wondering if someone could help me, I have a milliefleur pekin and she has had sneeze for a few months, I have used batryil that I got from the vets but hasnt seemed to work, There is no nasal discharge and she is perfectly healthy looking otherwise, when she sneezes she kind of shakes her head. Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Not much help to you, but thought I'd chip in that mine are sneezing at the moment.

One is worse than the others and has been sneezing since December. She went to the vet who said there was no sign of a cold or infection, but gave us a fortnight's Baytrill just in case. She's no better for it, and now sneezes so intensely and repeatedly that she falls over and can't get up. :(

I've noticed her sneezes are a lot worse on damp, overcast days, so I'm desperately hoping for some winter sunshine for her. Other than that, when the sneezes are overwhelming her, I bring her into the kitchen for half an hour which seems to get her out of the damp long enough for the sneezes to ease off. She's a wheezy hen anyway and these sneezes really hamper her breathing, they seem to bring on something akin to an asthma attack.

Roll on spring!

Hope your girl is holding up okay.