katiekitten

vent problem.. help!

Hi,

I know this isnt strictly about chickens, but thought chickens may have a smilar problem so here goes..

Can anyone give me some advice please? I bought a call duck last week from a poultry farm. Having got her home I noticed she seems to be stooping quite a bit like she's got something on her back end. I left her to settle in for a couple of days, picked her up & saw her vent looks like brown & gooey- not protruding so I dont think it's a prolapse. I havent got a clue what this is, she doesnt seem to be in any pain (at least I dont think so) and she is eating, drinking & pooping - although I cant see where from! I called the farmer yesterday & he didnt really want to know. He just said as long as shes eating to let her be, but i'm worried sick.

I've tried soaking her in warm water for the last 3 days & putting honey on it as i've read on the net, but it doesnt seem to be doing anything. What should I do?