TillyLizzyVicky Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 Hi all! Relatively new to the forum, just wondering how people get on with full size chickens and Bantems together? Got three established crossbreeds and looking to get some Bantems when we upgrade to a Cube (hopefully very soon!) Any input would be great. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Henslaved Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 Hi and welcome I have one ISA brown and three bantam breeds and they all get on fine. They didn't to start with, but now they all know their place . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egghead68 Posted June 6, 2012 Share Posted June 6, 2012 I have one bantam and two full size and they are fine. The bantam is in charge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TillyLizzyVicky Posted June 6, 2012 Author Share Posted June 6, 2012 Good stuff, thanks for the replies! I understand the pecking order will be up in the air for a little bit but I guess that's the price you pay for such a pet. Thanks again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Benaberry Posted June 7, 2012 Share Posted June 7, 2012 we've got a bantam Orpington in with a mixture of large breeds, and they're fine together. Three of the recently hatched chicks are also bantams (Belgians), and I'm hoping to keep a couple if girls, and that they'll be ok. Previously had a pair of Pekins in with full size Orpingtons, Silkies, a Legbar and a Bluebell, and again, they were fine. Not sure though whether it was because the Pekins were really rather feisty, and the Orpingtons like Bagpuss in chicken form I know a friend who has Belgians in with a couple of Omlet hybrids as well, and they all got along fine too once pecking order was sorted. I think as long as the introductions are done sensibly, they should hopefully be ok Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...