batcatz Posted June 14, 2012 Share Posted June 14, 2012 Do I need to wait 24 hours? Can I put them under the hen tonight? These are eggs from ebay which arrived in the post this morning. They were sent next day post and were in a polybox and each egg was wrapped with kitchen roll and taped down with masking tape. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted June 14, 2012 Share Posted June 14, 2012 I always leave them for at least 24, often 48 hours. They get knocked around in the post and I believe the air sac needs time to settle. Nothing will hatch from an egg with a detached air sac. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
batcatz Posted June 14, 2012 Author Share Posted June 14, 2012 Thank you. They arrived about 11am so I will try to wait till tomorrow evening if I can. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...