patsylabrador Posted June 18, 2012 Share Posted June 18, 2012 I'm posting these two articles because it's a subject that worries me and I'm worried about the future of Britain's police force. Lots of people I know seem to be unaware. Lots of people may be comfortable with the proposals and that's fine but it's something everyone should think about because it affects us all. My issue with the first subject is how accountable a privately managed security force will be. The present police take an oath to the Queen and they're not perfect but they are accountable to the public. I'm also concerned that it might give private companies access to peoples details, victim or arrested person and I don't like that. link The second article is interesting in that I'm not sure about elected Police Commisioners but I don't want my Police run by people with extreme political views that don't represent the general public. I wasn't going to vote if I got the chance but then I hadn't thought of it from this point of view. link Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted June 18, 2012 Share Posted June 18, 2012 I don't mind a private company doing all the admin/paperwork, as long as they sign some sort of confidentiality agreement. But leave arresting people and solving crimes to the police, that is what they are there for. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...