karencopas

Help wobbly duck!!

Hello everyone,

One of my Indian runner ducklings seems wobbly on its feet today, slower than usual and was slightly away from the other five. She stayed sitting more than usual I think and I saw her a couple of times half up and half down, her tail feathers seemed more tucked in too, i say her but may be he! My ducklings are five weeks. One thing I am concerned about is ive just read they shouldn't be on chick crumb now mine are on crumb is there such a thing as duck crumb? I bought it thinking it was the right food for starting them but think I may be wrong and am feeling guilty now :( also a parent(my ducks are at nursery where I work)gave me some growers pellets-so I thought,I've been gradually introducing them but today she told me they are layers!! Is this bad? :?

I am feeling worried and very inexperienced! My poorly duckling has washed and preened and is pooing (white duck)

Am hoping you can help and advise me many thanks in advance (white duck)(duck)

Chickcrumb is fine as long as its not medicated thats what mine eat when i have ducklings i wouldnt have thought the layers would have done anything but if you can get some growers that would be better dont beat yourself up sometimes with all the care in the world birds just get ill just keep an eye on it it may well be fine in a couple of days leanne :)

hi leanne,

thanks so much for your help :) i've put them on growers now and started to sprinkle grit in as well and as you say my wobbly duck does seem better a couple of days later!! they have really outgrown their run and this week our WIR and new cube has arrived (cube purple) so very soon they'll be safely in their new home (white duck)