emmastar Posted June 23, 2012 Share Posted June 23, 2012 Well I have 2 sets of babies one was my original mixed lot that spend most of the day free ranging around the garden with his odd mix of ladies and I have a new set that I got for my birthday from the oh Odin and his girls lemon pekin group , They have different areas but the boys have spent the last few hours stood at the devising fence doodling to each other will this calm down ? Or will I need to put them out of each others sight ? I'm hoping that soon they can fr together for a bit they are all so stunning it will make a lovely group Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Forestchook Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 I think it depends on the boys. I have...hmm, lets just say too many They live within sight of of each other but I have to let them out to FR in relay, otherwise they would fight! Occasionally I have to shoo or physically move the one FRing from next to the run of the another to stop them trying to fight each other through the mesh. There are buffer zones (i.e. the runs are not side by side) so they cannot do this the rest of the time. I think you will have to be very carefull if you try to FR yours together. They may get along but I think its unlikely, especially if they were not hatched together. If you do want to risk trying it you'd best wait until autumn/winter when their hormones die down a bit. In spring and summer fights are more likely because they will be trying to poach each others ladies. With regards to crowing; I think its being earshot rather than being in sight of each other that is the problem so I doubt moving them will achieve much. Mine like to have bouts of crowing throughout the day. If one starts the others normally join in, but they do stop after a while. Until the next session, that is! Some days are better than others noise wise. Of course this is just my experinence/opinion/understanding but I hope it helps. N Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
emmastar Posted June 24, 2012 Author Share Posted June 24, 2012 Well today has gone better both have been fr for half the day each with the ladies doodle my main boy was not to happy until it was his turn and he realised he had 4 new ladies the girls haven't shown any interest in the new 4 so that's good , volume today hasn't been too bad and with one in at all times there is no fights . One will be moving to my friends to join her 5 ladies once her new coop is in place so soon they'll both be fr all the time . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...