karencopas

Help! Does this look normal for a duckling?

Please click on the link to preview photo.

hi all,

i've posted a picture(hopefully)its of my indian runner duckling 5 wks old after being in the water bath i thought his skin looked sore? i'm completely new to ducks is this how it should look :anxious: i think the ducklings big grown up feathers are beginning to come thru but this ones look much more sp"Ooops, word censored!" and see thru than the other 5. Can anybody tell me if it all looks normal to them, hopefully i'm worrying about nothing.

many thanks (duck)(white duck)

thanks leanne :) i think he/she is a little bit of a runt we call him lucky he struggled to hatch and i helped him then he had a funny thing on his tummy :? for a while. i'll keep a close eye on him (duck)

we keep them in our orchard at nursery and when my husband was putting them to bed this evening he saw a mother fox and a cub watching him!! seems always something to be worrying about!! :anxious:

we have a WIR and cube for them to move into next week so should be safe? :pray:

thanks again karen :)(duck)(cube purple)