CheekyPekins Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 Hello, I've had my 3 fab chooks for a couple of weeks now, so I'm quite new to all this... I've got 2 Pekins and an Orpington bantam, which are about 17 weeks old. None of them are laying yet (few weeks to go yet), but I was wondering whether I should be giving them grit anyway? They've been free ranging in the garden whenever we're at home -I guess 3 hours every evening and all day at weekends! Thanks for any advice Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 If they are free ranging they will be picking up bits of grit as they go about their business. It never harms to have a pot available though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CheekyPekins Posted July 1, 2012 Author Share Posted July 1, 2012 Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...