Stevie Adams Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 Hi, I was just curious as to what would make one of my girls make so much noise! We were out in the garden, as I normally would do when I get home from work. After about 5 minutes one of the girls started clucking and squawking really really loud. I've never seen anything like this with any of my other girls in the past. Is she just saying hello? There was nothing I could see that could have scared her and the others were fine. I know some like to announce that they've laid an egg but she hasn't even started laying yet!! I'm sure she's fine, but it was something I've never heard before! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 If it's really loud and repeated, it's usually an alarm call. Maybe she saw a cat that you didn't see, or maybe she thought she saw a cat ... or maybe she thought the sky was falling in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angeluk69 Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 Mine sqwark everytime i go out to them, its as if they get excited to see me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs_B Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 Mine sqwark everytime i go out to them, its as if they get excited to see me Same here! They all have their own quirky personalities. It's a bit embarrassing at 4.45am when I let them out into their run as they are so delighted to see me that I quickly leave them to it (I listen/see them through the window) just so they are quiet for the neighbours for a few hours! x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angeluk69 Posted July 11, 2012 Share Posted July 11, 2012 Mon to Fri, mine aren't to bothered what time I let them into their run, but on a Sunday morning they go crazy if they haven't been let out by 7am and during the wk they are happy to lay in til 9 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...