Heather_256715 Posted July 19, 2012 Share Posted July 19, 2012 Hi, Well I'm new to this so I hope I don't mess up.... Basically I have three separate chickens that I have got/rescued individually. A light sussex hen that was pushed out of her other flock, she is aggressive towards other chooks and always wants to be top, a black rock that is very submissive and a barnevelder that can be aggressive. I am guessing that the barnevelder and the light sussex will fight it out for top post but is there any way I can make the transition into a flock easier? The light sussex has had bad experiences before so I don't know if that will trigger anything? I have the purple spray thing for wounds and the enclosure they will be going in will be large and each day they will have free range time. Any suggestions would be helpful- I don't want them to get hurt. Thanks, Heather. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackian Posted July 19, 2012 Share Posted July 19, 2012 I have no experience of introducing 3 seperate chickens only 2 to 2 I Already had. The best way is to keep them seperate but able to see each other if you can maybe put a barrier between them. Each day let each one FR for a while on their own .Each day a little longer so that in the end if you have the space all together. Keep a water pistol handy and if one is getting a bit nasty just keep squarting at it . Some people just put them into sleep together at night and seperate in the day for a while .You may get some screaming and shouting but that will calm down as they all want to be boss It does take a while ...it took me about 3 or 4 weeks before peace came and they were all friends. If you have one that is really nasty keep her aeperate from the other 2. I am no expert but I am sure others will be along with more advice. Good luck and don't forget to ask questions if you have more . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heather_256715 Posted July 19, 2012 Author Share Posted July 19, 2012 I am no expert but I am sure others will be along with more advice. Good luck and don't forget to ask questions if you have more . Thanks for all the advice- I'll try and start introducing them gently in the next few weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...